Monday, November 26, 2012

Recycling Life Truths

Browsing through my own writing in a slightly grouchy mood, I found the following and had to re-post it.

"Friday, September 2, 2011
A Season of Change
It's September, that time of the year again. Time for things to change. Why September you may ask; it may not be so; yet I have seen year after year as July eases past, and August starts marching in... the colors start changing, the colors of life. Soon September is twirling around things with gaiety as I attempt to dance to it's tunes."

So true for this year as well, the changes knocking on my door this year are going way beyond house hunting worries. As usual I shall quote the poem which gave me heart at a tough time last year.

"Memory is a tenuous thing. . . .
flickering glimpses, blue
and white, like ancient,
decomposing 16mm film.
Happiness escapes
me there, where faces
are vague and yesterday
seems to come tied
up in ribbons of pain.

Happiness? I look for it instead
in today, where memory
is something I can still
touch, still rely on.
I find it in the smiles
of new friends, the hope
blossoming inside.

My happiest memories
have no place in the
past; they are those
I have yet to create."— Ellen Hopkins"


No comments:

Post a Comment